A few months ago, I found a great book at my local library. It's called Creepy Cute Crochet and it's given me great patterns for cthulhu and monkey in a top hat. Most of the patterns in the book build off of basic head and basic body patterns. I realized that I could use those basic patterns to build my own creations. Since a friend of mine is about to leave town to go off to grad school, I decided to make a present for her. She's in love with Harry Potter, so the choice was pretty obvious.

So, with black for the body, Harry-Potter-skin-colored for the head, brown hair, paper clip glasses, a toothpick wand, and a felt tie, Harry Potter came together. My friend loves it :)
This was the first thing I crocheted that wasn't directly from a pattern, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
No comments:
Post a Comment